Qualification for Induction into the Leonberger Hall of Fame will be determined on the basis of the criteria in place at the time of the last qualifying achievement of the dog.
The Hall of Fame recognizes elite working teams, who have demonstrated drive, stamina and instinctive working ability. New criteria was established in 2016.
Adopted August 2016
Updated Conformation January 2018
Updated Service January 2019
Hall of Fame Criteria
Hall of Fame Inductees since updated criteria (2016)
Heart of Gold's Give Me Five "Koda" owned by Paul Albert - inducted under Service (Therapy) - December 2016
Anchor von Alpensee "Anchor" owned by Deanna Alko - inducted under WaterWork - February 2017
Bevard's Juma "Juma" owned by Katie Hladky under Service (Therapy) - October 2017
Starhavens Kepler Harmonices "Kepler" owned by Katia Simmons under Service (Therapy) - October 2017
Aslan von Alpensee "Aslan" owned by Jennifer O'Keefe under Service (Therapy) - October 2017
Bludrift's Bold Lion's Roar "Leo" owned by Tiffanie Coe & Luanne Moede (Conformation) - January 2018
Bludrift's Champagne Taste of Diamonds "Champagne" (Conformation) - January 2018
Khaimas’ From Me to You "Dario" owned by Alida Greendyk (Conformation) - January 2018
Bluebonnet's Joyful Goose A Laying Ziva "Ziva" owned by Wendy Jones (Versatility) - December 2018
Starfire Enya "Enya" owned by Julie Strauss (Agility) - March 2019
Forevergreen’s Woodstock "Abe" owned by Susan and Steve Cipolla (Versatility) - March 2019
Forevergreen’s Woodstock "Abe" owned by Susan and Steve Cipolla (Drafting) - June 2019
Lovable Tanzania of Serengeti "Tanza" owned by Sue Sheftic (Versatility) - October 2019
Bluebonnet's Joyful Goose A Laying Ziva "Ziva" owned by Wendy Jones (Rally) - December 2019
Legacy’s Basilius Hayden "Basil" owned by Susan & Steve Cipolla (Draft) - December 2019
Basira von Alpensee "Sira" owned by Sharon Betts (Versatility) - December 2019
Lovable Tanzania Of Serengeti "Tanza" owned by Sue Sheftic (Rally) - October 2020
Original Hall of Fame Inductees (pre 2016) were selected in:
- Conformation - outstanding records in the Conformation Show Ring.
- Service Excellence - excelled as Therapy Dog (200+visits), Service Dogs or in Search & Rescue .
- Distinguished Performance - attained at least a Third Level Title in performance venuesor held the first or only title for a Leonberger in a performance venue
- Versatility - earned the LCA Versatile Leo Excellent (VLX) title, AKC Versatile Companion 1 title or were nominated for demonstrating the versatile abilities of a Leonberger as an outstanding canine citizen.
- Significant Firsts - the first to attain recognition or a particular title in an activity that demonstrated the many abilities of our wonderful breed and encouraged other Leonberger fanciers to pursue even higher levels of achievement.
- Nationality Specialty Winners - Leonbergers that won Best in Specialty (BISS) or Best of Opposite in Specialty (BOS) at an annual LCA National Specialty from 1986 through 2014. These dogs are listed and pictured under the National Specialty page.